Press Room - Press Kit
Gold Strike Casino Resort is a 32-story self-contained luxury hotel, casino and convention center located 20 miles south of Memphis in Tunica, Mississippi. Owned by MGM Resorts International, the Gold Strike Casino Resort offers award-winning restaurants, an entertainment facility and Vegas-style casino floor with entertainment, dining, gaming and hotel rooms all under a single roof.
GENERAL PROPERTY FACTS
- The 32-story Gold Strike stands as one of the tallest buildings in Mississippi and features 1133 oversized luxury rooms including 125 suites. All guest rooms are appointed with wireless internet, wall mounted Phillips LCD flat screen televisions, marble baths and chic furnishings throughout.
- The resort recently completed the largest renovation and remodeling project in its history. The multi-million dollar transformation included all of Gold Strike's deluxe rooms and suites, hotel lobby, casino, 30,000-square-foot conference and convention center, Atrium Cafe, Courtyard Buffet and high-limit gaming area.
- Gold Strike offers restaurants to please every palate from a meal on the go to fine dining all in complementary environments.
- The Chicago Steakhouse - A traditional steak house with a contemporary twist, the award-winning restaurant features prime steaks, chops and jet-fresh seafood all set in a beautiful mahogany-paneled dining room including a full bar and wine cellar. A consistent Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winner, Chicago Steakhouse is one of only three Mississippi restaurants to receive the prestigious DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) award.
- Atrium Cafe - whether craving down-home cooking, in the morning or breakfast at night, guests can relax in this magnificent atrium setting and enjoy delicious dishes 24 hours a day on weekends.
- Courtyard Buffet - Feast on this variety of all-American fare, including made-to-order omelets, Asian delights, the best fried chicken in the South and sumptuous desserts too delicious for guilt. Indulge in the freshest seafood Mississippi has to offer at the Friday and Saturday night Seafood Buffet.
- Food Court - Complete with three quick-serve restaurants for people on the go: Gold's Deli, Pizzeria Fresh, and Burger City.
- Room Service - Room service is available 24 hours each day.
- The resort's 50,000-square-foot casino features contemporary custom-designed flooring, fresh modern wall coverings, air quality enhancements and a completely reconfigured state-of-the-art gaming floor. The casino boasts 55 table games and 1,300 slot machines including 120 video poker machines and more of the newest, most popular high-tech games including more penny machines and the first of its kind in the area, illuminated roulette. The new High Limit Room is the only one in Tunica with Mini Baccarat. The newly-renovated Poker Room has 16 tables and is a smoke-free environment. Gold Strike is home to the World Poker Open, WPT Satellite Event.
- The casino's comfortable, relaxed setting is coupled with the latest technology. For added entertainment and information, guests can view more than 50 LCD televisions and monitors located throughout the property, as well as an expansive new 30' x 40' outdoor digital LED display at the resort's entrance.
- The 800-seat Millennium Theatre hosts a wide array of production shows and headline acts such as B.B. King, Patti Labelle, Vince Gill, Beach Boys, Bill Engvall and Rodney Carrington.
- The Golden Reflections Spa offers personal services in a stress-free environment. Guests can relax in the indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi or enjoy an invigorating workout in the exercise room. If guests are looking for a full day of pampering, they can indulge in body treatments ranging from wraps to therapeutic massages.
- The 30,000 square feet convention center is large, luxurious and ready for a meeting of most any size, and includes an elegantly appointed 10,000-square-foot grand ballroom, large pre-function area and auxiliary meeting rooms (from 400 to 1,100 square feet) designed for smaller meetings and overflow. Each facility can be equipped with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment with catering services and event planning available.
- Gold Strike commissioned Mississippi artist John Whitt to create a large unique stained glass sculpture that is now the centerpiece of the remodeled hotel lobby.
- Gold Strike Casino Resort is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International, the premier entertainment hotel and gaming company in the world and is, along with Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Biloxi, one of two MGM properties located in Mississippi.
- Gold Strike is an affiliate of M life, a program which gives members access to rewards, privileges, and members-only events at 15 MGM Resorts destinations.
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. In addition to its 51% interest in MGM China Holdings, Limited, which owns the MGM Macau resort and casino, the Company has significant holdings in gaming, hospitality and entertainment, owns and operates 15 properties located in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan, and has 50% investments in three other properties in Nevada and Illinois. One of those investments is CityCenter, an unprecedented urban resort destination on the Las Vegas Strip featuring its centerpiece ARIA Resort & Casino. Leveraging MGM Resorts' unmatched amenities, the M life loyalty program delivers one-of-a-kind experiences, insider privileges and personalized rewards for guests at the Company's renowned properties nationwide. Through its hospitality management subsidiary, the Company holds a growing number of development and management agreements for casino and non-casino resort projects around the world. MGM Resorts International supports responsible gaming and has implemented the American Gaming Association's Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming at its gaming properties. The Company has been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for its industry-leading Diversity Initiative, its community philanthropy programs and the Company's commitment to sustainable development and operations. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company's website at www.mgmresorts.com.
For more information or digital photos of Gold Strike Casino Resort, call (228) 386.7134 or visit Gold Strike's online press room at: www.goldstrike.com
GOLD STRIKE CASINO RESORT
1010 Casino Center Drive
Tunica Resorts, Mississippi 38664
(662) 357-1111 - Main Number
(228) 386-7134- Media Information
(866) 245-7829 - Toll-Free Room Reservations
Internet Address - www.goldstrike.com